Monday, December 4, 2006

Mike Ditka doesn't care what the question is

So I had to cancel my date with this cute Jewish heiress tonight because Ditka and Jaworski were going to announce on Primetime who, in their infinite wisdom, was the best team in the NFL. Seemed like a good trade: instead of a piece of ass, I'd be receiving some wisdom from two of the brightest minds ESPN had to offer.

Unfortunately, Ditka couldn't answer Stuart Scott's simple inquiry. Evidently "Who is the best team in the NFL?" was too much for Ditka to handle. Instead, we were privy to Ditka's opinion that the Saints are the best team in the NFC, the Chargers are the best team in the AFC, and for some reason related to 1965, Wrigley Field, and Gale Sayers the Saints would beat the Chargers.

Debate amongst yourselves whether the Saints are even the best team in the NFC South, but a couple things are clear: LT is better than Sayers, Gale Sayers is dead, and the Super Bowl won't be played at Wrigley Field.

Incidentally, I've learned that "Jaws" has his own personal website, which really makes me regret that I didn't go out and get plowed tonight.

1 comment:

comment said...

I'm pretty sure Gayle Sayers isn't dead.